PYO - Currently Closed.
PYO Hotline - 01684 592664 - Option 2
Our first fruit of the year is strawberries which we aim to be ready at the start of June. We grow Elsantas using a table-top system in polytunnels. This makes it easier for the public as there is no bending down and come rain or shine you can still pick in the dry. We aim to stagger our crop from June to August so you can pick throughout the hotter months.
Strawberries were first grown on the farm in the 1960s when Mr Felix Clive became a pioneer of PYO. Since then we have gone from the traditional ground-grown plants with straw to the more modern table-top and state of the art irrigation system. We pick our fruit for the farm shop and can usually accommodate bulk orders for special events.
All our Strawberries are grown in "Table top troughs" filled with Peat, which means you can pick without bending down!!
Strawberries and raspberries are all grown in tunnels, so should the weather turn inclement you and your pickings can remain dry.
COVID-19 & PYO
Please be advised that we may have to close the PYO fields at short notice, as we are unable to control both the demand and the weather, however we will keep the website, PYO hotline and all forms of social media updated, so we advise you check before you make your journey.
Unfortunately, at the moment, we cannot offer this as a fun filled day out for all the family, however we do not want our customers to miss out on the delicious fruit that we have worked so hard to produce throughout the year.
Therefore, it is our aim to create the safest possible environment within the field for our wonderful customers, and also for our amazing staff. To do this we have implemented a set of rules and procedures to ensure health and safety is at its absolute highest:
1. There is no need to book, we will have a maximum number of people in the field at one time, this number will depend on how many tunnels we have open on the day. This will be closely monitored by our staff, so please be aware there may be a short wait during peak periods.
2. We will only be allowing 6 people per household in the field at one time.
3. A one-way system will be implemented around the field.
4. We will expect all customers to respect other pickers and are responsible for observing social distancing rules staying 2m away.
5. We ask that no one eats the fruit until it has been thoroughly washed at home.
6. If you are exhibiting any Covid-19 symptoms kindly refrain from entering the premises.
7. No dogs allowed in the PYO fields
It may become necessary to introduce a entrance fee during busy weekend due to extra staffing.
These rules have not been put in place to diminish any fun but to keep everyone as safe as possible, if anybody is not adhering to the rules under the circumstances they will be asked to leave.
We thank you for your cooperation and hope your enjoy your PYO!